Tuesday, March 06, 2007

Lovin' some Legislature

I just started my rotation with the TN Pharmacists Association on Monday, and I love it. You may remember from previous blogs (or just because you know me) that when I served as president of our APhA-ASP chapter, it automatically made me chair of the TN Society of Student Pharmacists (TSSP), and as the chair of that society, I sat on the TPA Board of Directors. So I've had a great opportunity already to see the ins and outs of the association as well as build good working relationships with Baeteena, the Executive Director, Kam, the Associate Director, and the other great ladies in the office.

Today I got to follow Baeteena over to the State Capitol building to let some legislators know where we stood and where we'd like them to stand on a few bills. I loved it. I met Chris Crider, the rep. from Milan. What's wierd is that tonight at Kairos, the huge Bible study (seriously about 800 peeps) at my church, he was there with a new rep. from Germantown, Brian Kelsey. It was great getting to solidify our meeting-in-passing earlier that day. I got a chance to really talk to them about TPA, my future in lobbying (or lack of), and my opinions of the US from the world's perspective. It was good stuff. It kinda makes me a little sad to get connected, then jet off across the country next year. (No, I don't know where I'm headed yet, but they're all far away).

This whole legislation circus is a bit scary. Lobbyists get painted ugly sometimes, but trust me, if they weren't there, there's no telling what would come down the pipe and actually get passed into law. It's a fragile game. But it's fun.

As for the residency drama...I submitted my rank list tonight. I'm allowed to change it up to 11pm on Friday night. But I think I like it. No, I can't tell you what I put. (unless you call me and you are in no way connected to any of the programs). lol.

Here are some pics and a video from my Alaskan adventure.



No comments: