Tuesday, March 20, 2007

After a fun but long trip to Atlanta, Donna and I trucked it back to Nashvegas late last night. I wanted to make sure I was here for a specific bill that was coming up in the house health committee. Ugh. I should have taken the hint about what kind of day this could end up being after I locked my keys in the car this morning. Yep, sat my bag in the driver's seat, and then shut the door. Thankfully, I have the best roommate ever, and she brought me my spare this afternoon.

Sidenote: that whole rumor about if you hold the remote up to a cellphone that's connected to a cellphone near the car, you can unlock the door remotely...it's a lie. I called katie from a cell as I was standing at my car. She held the spare key remote up to her phone and clicked it as I held my phone next to the cardoor. NO magic. So tell all your friends: It ain't happening.

Then the legislature. On the health committee there were two people directly associated with healthcare making a point. Ask me if any of the other legislators voted with those two individuals. 3 others did. 9 did not. All of this secondary to politics. It was ugly. You can only imagine: I was ill. My personal sense of justice was extremely violated.

But hey, there's still a chance that someone down the pipe will understand the ramifications of the current language and choose to move past ignorance in order to see the greater good of the patient. They just don't understand what they're doing. I hate to think how often this happens.

In other news, I hear about the match tomorrow. Translation: I get an email tomorrow mandating where I will live and work for the next year of my life after graduation. I'm excited, and honestly, not very nervous. We'll see!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Well I guess I'm glad you're not nervous but I certainly am nervous about what you find out tomorrow and where you're going to be.But I do know you are very capable to handle it, wherever God has plans for you.We'll talk to you tomorrow to find out.
Love you lots,
Lecia

Anonymous said...

Lauren~
Let me know as soon as you find out...I'm excited for what God has in store for you!
~Natalie