- had a blast doing some salsa/other Latin dances Thursday night with my buddy Phillip, who-by the way- is for sure and by far the best guy dancer I've ever seen. He's a ballroom instructor, but anything from Jay-z to JT to Frank Sinatra, this kid can own it. NO question.
- went to Variety Show and my sister Daron won the small group competition! She came out in this stunning sequined dress and honkin' wailed "I heard it through the grapevine". Homegirl's got pipes. That's my dawg, right there.
- Got to see some of my fam for just a second this wkd.
- I'm really glad to finally have my car back. I drove it home yesterday, and I fell in love with it again.
- had a little drama with my fam on Thursday night
- the Chi Omega's got absolutely robbed to the point of absurdity during Variety Show. ZTA's dance wasn't good nor had anything to do with the mo-town theme. If I were Chi Omega, since this happens every year, I've already told the girls, I would just boycott and not be in it next year. Seriously, I never thought I'd be on this side of things, but there's no question. I don't know if it's the judges they pick, or whoever tallies the scores, but ZTA undeservingly won...again.
- the processes that go on in the legislature kinda hack me off sometimes. It's just that justice is no where to be found sometimes. It all has to do with who wants what and what they have to do to get it. Some of the legislators aren't intelligent. That's the nicest way I can say it. Why they're up there, I have no idea. Overcoming hurdles such as that one and the fact that some of them are moral cowards makes progressing and protecting my profession difficult at times.
That's about it. I'm about to finish my last week at TPA. I'm kinda sad to leave. I love the ladies that work in there, and I really enjoy the activities on the Hill, as frustrating as they can be. And we all know I'm passionate about my profession. Getting to work on the front line for it has been very gratifying. Next month I'm doing psych at Centennial. That should be interesting. And that's my last one! After that, I'm off until graduation! How crazy is this?!