Friday, May 05, 2006



One more...

Saw Pride and Prejudice tonight. Maybe not the best idea...but it did help throw a few punches
at the skeptic that's taken over, so maybe there's positive. Who can say? It was a little predictable, but it got me. I was in it. Maybe because I'm thickheaded and opinionated like Elizabeth. Once again, who's to say? And I'm sad to say (and a little embarassed) that I cried. BUT only in the part where she was talking to her dad and HE starts crying. I could SO see that occurring between me and my dad. He's got a visible heart like that. I love that about him. Okay, got a few more stories to tell so let's move on...

So I'm sitting in my apartment tonight. Keep in mind that I live downtown, really close to some shady areas. I'm watching my movie; Nat and Brad are hanging out. Then BANG! A couple more... BANG! BANG! What's funny is that at first, I didn't even react. Then it kept happening! If you think the initial response is fear for my life if that happens to be coming from a 9 mm, you'd be WRONG! I'm ticked. I'm trying to watch my movie, and I wanna know why the heck some punk is either blowing something up or shooting a gun! So I throw open the blinds and open our balcony door. Then I see a couple of flashes correlating to the timing of the bangs. Then I understand...Redbirds game...is over. They're shooting fireworks. Maybe because it's Cinco de Mayo. Who knows? I don't really lose any annoyance because I'm still hindered from hearing my movie. It finally stops.

Last story, I promise to keep it short. I visited my buddies up at Louisville, KY, that go to Southern over the past three days. Today, I decide to go with Bredow to the gym at their school to work out. Then I decide I'll just lift with him. lol. Great idea. I'm reminded of how weak I currently am, and then the worse comes. I'm sitting on the machine where you do bicep curls by pulling up the bar. My elbows are on the pad. I've finished my set, and I'm about to get up. So I just drop the handlebars. Well, they're not stationary. They are set out apart from the actual bar. Think of a "T" shape. When I dropped those bad boys, they THUMPED my knees so hard I didn't think I could get up. I really didn't know what had happened. I half expected my feet to have both kicked up like I got shocked as the reflex response usually works upon percussion. And I sure enough got beat. And now I have two symmetrical knots right below my kneecap that are painful upon any type of movement in my lower leg. Great idea...

Ok, so I'm not good at keepin' things short.

No comments: