Sunday, May 28, 2006

My first Nashville Star Sighting

to me, anyway. I walked into the Mercy Lounge to hear some people play, and there sits Chris Rice on a bar stool. I bout flipped.



I already knew of two of the guys playing, Matt Wertz and Dave Barnes...shown below,

respectively...

I really enjoyed their music. I had never heard them live before, but they did a bombin' job. Good writing...

Then there was a new kid. I had never heard of him before, but he really impressed me. His style kinda creeps up and grabs you, then you're hooked. Check him out, Tyler James...



the kid's money.

On a little different note (but still on the star-to-me sightings), I went to church this morning with Andy and Jill Gullahorn. Such a neat experience. They attend an Anglican church here called Church of the Redeemer. Check it out. They have two beautiful children with whom I've already fallen in love. The congregation at this church was unlike any I'd ever encountered. No sign of judgment anywhere. There wasn't room because the love they showed for each other penetrated the place. Different folks from different walks of life truly united in the pursuit of Christ with a surprisingly raw desire. Like I said, it was deeply enlightening. I'll keep you posted on where I end up (churchwise).

Thanks for reading...

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

So I don't get mean emails...
I really am thrilled that you got to see some musical stars! That is something that Memphis couldn't offer, but at the same time...Nashville can't offer me!!How bout them apples?

Lauren said...

I have no idea who posted the previous comment...wait, maybe a couple

Anonymous said...

Nuh uhh!! don't even know how to spell that, but you saw Dave Barnes AND Matt Wertz LIVE??? i love them to death!!! Dave Barnes is like gonna play at my wedding--he's so good!!! Dave came to MC a few months ago, but i wasn't able to go- i would've had to skip school. i thought it would be neat to be at my future college in an awesome atmosphere-- a concert! well, i'm glad you're having a great time in nashville- so nice to see you Sunday! keep in touch!