Monday, April 16, 2007

Here's a thought...

And it's not a new one, but one that's been frequent here recently in my own life. It is that insecurity is another form of self-absorption. Whether the attention is positive or negative, it's still attention...with the focus being yourself. Geesh, that stings a little. It's amazing how just following the first and second most important thing God tells us to do will keep us from such pettiness. Loving Him and loving others usually requires a degree of focusing on those objects of our affection. Working to make that a natural occurrence will probably give us a selflessness as a side effect. Yes, I graduate in a month and until I pass my board exams, we will speak of everything in reference to drugs.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hey Lauren -

I just wanted to leave you a little note to say "Hi". Now that I know I can picture you reading this at 5:30 AM, it gives a whole new light to commenting on your blog. I've been looking for churches in Tacoma for you! I'll let you know if I find anything.

Love - Buckle : )