Sunday, June 24, 2007

Tacoma Town


I still like it. It's been a long, fun week of unpacking, buying, assembling, and touring with Donna and Leela and then my mom and Lee. My parents are troopers. I had no doubt with them, though. Lee's a get-'er-done type for sure. Way helpful. The sad thing was, they didn't get to see Rainier. It was too cloudy. Donna, Leela, and I were fortunate enough to see it in its grandeur on Wednesday.

The people here are very different. And I love that. I'm looking forward to the way this culture and adaptive process will broaden my mind and soften my heart. I visited a church this morning, and I was surprised to find that a woman was shepherding the church. So the search continues...

So far I'm fine on homesickness. Last night was my worst. Lee and mom were still here, and my anticipation of their departure made me a bit weepy yesterday. I think I hid it well. After my text request for prayer from some close friends, today involved just a few tears in both mine and my mother's eyes.

Orientation starts tomorrow. This will be my first night in my new bed.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hope things are going well and that you're settled in. How you enjoying the weather? Way better than the damp humindity of Tennessee right about now :) If you ever want to hang out or need anything, don't hesitate to give me a call.

Anonymous said...

Lauren~
I am proud of your strength so far...it isn't the first "new" place you have been, so just keep reassuring yourself that God has you taken care of and will work wonders through you while you are there...I have seen how God used you during your time in Memphis, not only in my life but in others around you as well! Take care and enjoy this adventure...maybe I can find a way to come visit sometime!
~natalie