Friday, October 07, 2005

So I'm studying...and stressing. I had to head to Nashville for some pharmacy meetings this week, despite two major tests that are looming. So now it's crunchtime. The meetings went well. It's always good to build relationships with successful practitioners so I can envision how pharmacy should be practiced post-educationally. It also assures me that I picked a great career. Things are busy, but rolling steadily along. No nervous breakdowns yet in the year of the ASP presidency. God has been faithful (for some reason I still get surprised by this) in molding and shaping me in leadership as well as providing me the flexibility I need in times of crisis to maintain sanity. Living with my girls here in Memphis is still a blast, and I love it. It's not really conducive to the academic life, but I manage. Teaching the freshman girls of a private high school here for Sunday School is great. I'm really enjoying getting to know them and hopefully impart some Biblical wisdom. If nothing else, I want them to have a Christian influence who loves them, knows what's best for them, but isn't hounding them as a parent would. I still love Germantown Baptist and will miss it dearly when I move to Nashville next year. When I was driving in for the meeting on Wednesday night, I started getting super excited about my new life there come May. I like newness and big changes for the most part, and I eagerly anticipate this one. And not just because it means I'll be done with the didactic portion of my education. I'll sorely miss my homies here in M-town, but God is faithful. I was praying for my future church home and group of friends in Nashville on my way back to Memphis today and was overwhelmed with a sense of assurance from God. Here I am busting out into tears on I-40 about feeling God let me know that He's got it all worked out (psalm 139:16), and that it's gonna be awesome. I'm excited. Now about therapeutics and kinetics...

No comments: